So you’ve decided to make the changes to your interior that you’ve always wished for. Here are some tips that will help you get off on the right foot.
1. Determine your needs.
- Take your time and consider carefully what interior design changes you
want to make.
- Take photos of other interiors that appeal to you, cut out magazine shots,
jot down ideas from home shows, TV, internet
2. Determine your budget.
- Carefully decide how much you are willing to pay for these changes, and
still sleep at night. If financing, ensure that everything is in place
- Once you know what you’re budget is, make a deliberate decision to hold
back 20% of that budget for unforeseeable changes or events.
3. Hire a professional Interior Designer
Be prepared to interview interior designers until you find one that you
feel comfortable with, one that is listening to you, one that you see yourself
spending considerable time with.
So why hire a PRO ? Check out our upcoming blog “Why hire an Interior Designer….and not a decorator” for more details.
If you can’t wait that long, send us a comment/email with your question.